Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Mousse SPF50+++

Just curious, since when did you learn about the harmful effects of the sun on the skin? As a kid, I've always loved swimming and would literally toast myself to death under the rays. No one ever told me facts about skin cancer and how the skin ages quickly with too much sun exposure. I have never even heard about sunscreen until I reach 20s.  What prompted me to start using sunscreen was my very first freckle mark on my cheek!  But even then, I wasn't using sunscreens regularly as I found most products too sticky and oily for the humid weather back in my home town.  I thought one freckle could just be an accident. But I was so wrong... it mutated like gremlins over the span of 10 years... *sad*

Fast forward to today, I have successfully incorporated sun protection into my daily routine. Actually, I don't feel safe at all without slapping it on before I get out of the door.  I'm glad technology has advanced such that sunscreens that come out of the market these days are so light weight and we have more choices other than the good o'le Coppertone.

I've been loving Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Mousse SPF50+++ since I started using it early this summer.  I got this on my last trip to Taiwan at around 280NTD, which is less than 10USD.  It's the most light weight sunscreen I've ever used to date.  Feels like nothing on the skin!  Moisturizers feel even heavier than this baby!  Most sunscreens have that err... "sunscreen" smell. But this baby has a citrus scent that smells sooo good!  It does leave a white cast when you first apply it on, but fades away quickly once everything is blended well.

Biore UV Aqua Watery Mousse SPF50+++
Sleek packaging

Biore UV Aqua Watery Mousse SPF50+++
Easy to use squeeze tube...

Biore UV Aqua Watery Mousse SPF50+++
Product blended on the skin... feels like nothing!

If there's anything negative to this product, that will be the size. It only comes in 30ml tube which is quite small compared to regular sunscreens. Other products from the Biore Aqua Watery line are mostly 50ml in size.

Overall, this product is definitely holy grail for me at the moment. Super duper highly recommended!  It can be purchased on ebay or adambeauty.com for only 13-14USD.  

Summary
Pros:
-  light weight (feels like nothing)
-  pleasant smell
-  does not make my face oily throughout the day
-  does not leave a white cast

Cons:
- size (only 30ml)

Rating (1-5 hearts): ♥♥♥♥

4 comments:

  1. My mom was very emphatic about the importance of sunscreen was I was a teenager - maybe when I first got to high school? When we were little kids, she always put sunscreen on us when we played sports or went to the beach/pool, but she was really serious about daily facial sunscreen when I got to high school. So I've been well-trained :)

    I need to find a daily body sunscreen though - they're all so greasy. I especially need one for my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. larie - i know biore has UV sunscreen for body as well. i'm not sure though if it's any good. but i suppose it's not as sticky as the western brands :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom is going to Taiwan in 2 weeks, may I ask where you found this there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ashley - these can be bought at watson drugstores :)

    ReplyDelete