Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tarte SmolderEYES waterproof eyeliner in Fig

It's been a while since my last post.  I've been very occupied these days catching up on Taiwanese TV dramas, hence blog neglected. I'm on series break now so I figure it's time to continue posting reviews on the Tarte QVC set I got a while back.  I'm reviewing another favorite item in the set which is the SmolderEYES waterproff eyeliner in Fig.

SmolderEYES waterproof eyeliner in shade Fig

As mentioned in my Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer review, I have a major problem with eyeliner transferring on my under eye area. I've tried tons of waterproof eye pencils, including Make-up Forever Aqua Eyes and Urban Decay 24/7 liners, but they just don't work for me. I morph into a panda in less than an hour.  Eye pencil + creamy concealer combo is even worse.  The color transfers instantly as soon as I wink.  I have long converted myself to a liquid liner gal and given up using pencil liners altogether!

Since the start of the 2011, I've been itching to try pencil liners again. I’m so happy to find 2 drugstore gems – Prestige Total Intense liner and Milani Liquif’eye (will do a separate review on these babies). I only notice slight transferring at the end of the day and that, ladies, is a big deal for me.

Now comes the Tarte SmolderEYES waterproof liner included in the QVC set. Again, I wasn’t expecting much from this liner as the 2 drugstore liners have worked amazingly well for me. I thought SmolderEYES is just another version of the NYX jumbo pencils which creases on me instantly.  But this product totally caught me by surprise.  I didn't find any smearing even after 12 hours of wear!!! It’s so unexpected for soft pencils to have such good staying power. It glides so easily just like the Urban Decay 24/7 liners and takes a few seconds to set. Once set, it just won't budge!  I also like the plum shade as it gives such a sophisticated look and not as harse as your normal black eyeliner.

Overall, this product is another winner in my books. Available in Bronze, Brown, Charcoal, Fig, Golden Black, Navy, Olive, and Plum shades. Will definitely hit the stores and get more of these in different shades.

Tarte Glow Your Way to Gorgeous - Swatches

Summary
Pros:
- Glides easily
- Applies well on waterline
- Felt tip on the other end of the liner allows smudging for a softer look
- Shade in Fig is not as harsh as other black eyeliner and gives a more natural look
- Can be applied all over the lid as an eyeshadow base
- Despite being a jumbo pencil, tightlining is easy peasy…
- Stays for more than 12 hours without transferring, even when paired with creamy concealer.

Cons:
- Price. I believe this is priced at 25USD, which is double the cost of Prestige and Milani Liquif’eye.

Rating (1-5 hearts): ♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment