Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Cream Shadow Pot in Shimmering Taupe

With the heat of summer, I've been reaching for cream eye shadows a lot lately.  They are quick and easy to apply, does not crease (well, depends on the product), and stays longer than powdered eye shadow. I don't have much cream shadows in my collection, but my favorite by far is Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit - one of my go-to product for summer.

I saw a few blog articles feature the new Tarte's new EmphasEYES waterproof cream shadows and I made a note to myself to try these babies out when they come out in stores. When I learned that this product is included in the Tarte QVC set, in goes the set into my shopping cart LOL

EmphasEYES Waterproof Cream Shadow Pot in Shimmering Taupe

With my love for taupes, Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Cream Shadow Pot in Shimmering Taupe is definitely up to my alley. And I'm glad to report that this baby really is what I expected it to be - nice neutral shade, not frosty, long lasting, crease-free!

The texture, I would say is semi-creamy, like MAC Paint pots. It doesn't have the slip like the Benefit Creaseless Cream shadows so application using fingers is a little bit challenging. The size of the jar makes it difficult to get the product on the finger too. I guess that's the reason why this product comes with a synthetic eye shadow brush. It gives more precision as to where I want to apply the color.

Lasting power? Tarte's Amazonian Clay products really live up to its promises. EmphasEYES lasts forever on my lid. I've worn it for 12 hours and there were no signs of creasing or fading at the end of the day. Definitely the most long lasting cream shadow I've tried to date.

Overall, this is truly an amazing product. I would love to try out other colors once they are available in stores.

Tarte Glow Your Way to Gorgeous - Swatches

Summary
Pros:
- long lasting
- crease free
- buildable opacity
- can be used as a base/primer to keep powder shadows in place

Cons:
- Price. I believe this is priced 25 USD.
- Size. I'm pretty sure the product that comes in the QVC set is a full size. And it's equivalent to Benefit's mini creasless cream shadow. Imagine?
- Difficult to apply using fingers.

Rating (1-5 hearts): ♥♥♥♥

Final note: As much as I love the product, I have to deduct 1 star for the cons. The main issue for me is the texture. I wish it could be creamier and silkier, like the Benefit counterpart, so that it's easier to apply using fingers.

2 comments:

  1. $25 USD (which means it'll be $30-$35 CAD) for that little thing? err, no thanks! but it does look absolutely lovely! i wish it came in a bigger pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. overpriced right? i think the best place to get tarte products is through qvc... they have great deals.

    ReplyDelete