Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Peaceful

I got my first Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy not so long ago and instantly fell in love with the product. So upon receiving the Tarte QVC set, I was more than excited to try out Peaceful.

12 Hour Wear Amazonian Clay Blush in Peaceful

12 Hour Wear Amazonian Clay Blush in Peaceful

I have to say, I love Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes for it's texture and lasting power. Pigmentation is superb so a stippling brush might be need for light application. This, I would say, is even more pigmented than Nars blushes. On my cheeks, it lasts the entire work day without need for touch ups.  The product is very finely milled but pressed very firmly. Swirling the brush on the product doesn't loosen the powder so I don't end up with scattered mess on my vanity table.

As much as I love Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes, I'm not particularly fond of Peaceful in terms of shade. I was expecting a light baby pink shade but it shows up pretty orange on my cheeks. I would say it looks pretty much like MAC's Warm Soul on me... probably less orange, but definitely not light pink. It's got some fine shimmers which isn't overpowering. Well, it's still a good blush, just not what I was expecting base on the product photos.

I'm still a little bit luke-warm to this blush, but who knows, I might like it one day if I'm up for something warmer.

Summary
Pros:
- very long lasting (I can see traces of blush after 12 hours of wear)
- very finely milled
- no gritty shimmers
- compact and comes with a mirror which is great for touch ups (if you ever need it)

Cons:
- Peaceful appears orange on my cheeks

Rating (1-5 hearts): ♥♥♥♥


Note: I deducted 1 star purely because of the shade. Otherwise, the product is definitely top notch. I need to do a separate review for Tipsy, to be fair.


Tarte Glow Your Way to Gorgeous - Swatches

3 comments:

  1. Oh I desperately want to try one especially since all I hear are RAVES about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one I have too...I think I need more of them :) It's a shame that it comes out too orange on you :( I hate when that happens...colors look so good in the pan, but when you put it on...lame :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess skin tone does affect how blushes show up on the skin. otherwise, the amazonian clay blushes are really superb!

    ReplyDelete