The secret is all in this top-selling formula. This waterproof, ultra-light, water-based gel contains no emulsifiers and provides a totally natural, satin finish. Ideal for normal skin-types as well as for fine lines and large pores. Gives skin a uniform tone without accentuating imperfections. A makeup artist's favorite.
My Color: #32 Alabaster Beige - for light skin with yellow undertones
What I say about this product:
The texture is kind of like semi crushed soft tofu (if you get what I mean) but not too watery like other fluid foundations. When applied to the skin, it gives you this cool sensation which I really like. Water-based (check), water proof (check)!
What I like:
- Application is fairly easy using either a brush, sponge or even your own mighty fingers.
- It applies sheer but is definitely buildable. Just leave time to dry in between layering.
- And since it's sheer, it's very forgiving when it comes to color match.
- Waterproof, thus stays on all day.
- It gives the skin a dewy finish (not oily). For days I prefer a matte finish, I just patt on some loose powder to set. But really, you don't need to set this foundation with powder.
- My skin adapts well to a lot of stuff and it's normally not sensitive (*knock on the wood*). So scent doesn't really bother me. In fact, I love it's floral scent!
- Photographs very very well!
What I don't like:
- Doesn't come with a pump. Why oh why? Can easily pour out too much product. I would recommend transferring this product to a pump bottle, which I do.
- I hope MUFE comes up with new colors that has lesser red undertones to it. I'm currently using #32 which is a pretty good match but it just has a slight hint of redness to it. I usually use a purple tinted primer underneath to counter this.
- Price. It's rather expensive compared to MAC's face and body foundation.
- Can be consumed easily. I had it for 7 months and I'm already half way through the bottle considering I'm only using it sparingly (once or twice a week).
As I said, this foundation is easy to apply. However, using the proper technique also helps the product stay and adhere much better. I've tested different types of application but the best for me by far is using Make Up For Ever's ellipse sponge. It's a latex sponge that doesn't soak up too much product. The shape makes it easy to apply foundation on hard to reach areas. Here's what it looks like...
Actually, I learned about this technique through a chinese blogger called snowkei (boy she's really good!!! 愛死你啦ㄐㄐ...). Basically, you just get some product on this sponge and dab all over the face. If you can read or understand Chinese, please do head over to her blog coz she has illustrations on how to use MUFE Face and Body Foundation with the ellipse sponge. Here's her review and video tutorial.
Will I repurchase this?
Definitely YES! I've tried a whole bunch of base makeups and I always end up going back to this. I probably will continue buying until God knows when. But for now, this tops everything and is my HG!